Sopore, March 13 : Five residential houses were completely damaged in a major fire incident at chankhan area of Sopore during late last night. reportedly due to the electric short-circuit.
Reports said that fire was broke out from the three Storey residential house of khazir Muhammad Malla and spread to other near by houses due to which at least five residential houses were damaged.
Reports added that the electric short circuit took place in the house of Khazir Muhammad malla at about 12 on Tuesday mid night. The fire engulfed the whole house and ablaze four other houses in the neighborhood which were belongs to Bashir Ahmad Malla, Abdul Rashid Malla, late Muhammad Maqbool Malla and Ghulam Nabi Malla
Fire tenders with the help of locals douse the flames and stopped fire for more spreading to other near houses in this large conjucted locality
Reports further mention that the property worth lacs of rupees were completely gutted in the mishap
and the area is still under trauma due to the heavy loss caused the properties.(KNO)