Kashmir Indepth

Shiekh Imran shifted to police station from Central Jail

Deputy Mayor Sheikh Imran was released from Srinagar Central Jail after over 8 months, sources said on Thursday.

He was arrested along with other leaders after the abrogation of special status of Jammu and Kashmir in the first week of August last year.

In December, last year the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) took Imran into custody for questioning in connection with the illegal appropriation of the subsidy given to his company, Kehwa Square Pvt Ltd for setting up of a Controlled Atmosphere (CA) store, said the agency.

After questioning, he was again shifted to MLA Hostel that fovernment has turned into a makeshift jail. From there he was sent to Srinagar Central Jail.

Sources told that Sheikh Imran was released from Srinagar Central Jail and taken to a police station.

A police official at a police station denied his lodgment at the station. However, police sources confirmed that Shiekh Imran was released from Central Jail and shifted to a police station.

Pertinently, during his confinement, Imran was removed from Deputy Mayor post following a no-confidence motion moved against him by corporators of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation. (KNT)

Related posts

CPWD under scanner for doing ‘faulty’ soil testing on CUK land in Ganderbal

Kashmir Indepth

‘We are collecting details of all such people who are participating in spreading wrong information’, says police

Kashmir Indepth

CS reviews progress under Atmanirbar Bharat Abhiyan

Kashmir Indepth

Release of political prisoners ahead of Eid: ‘It’s prerogative of LG to decide’, say officials

Kashmir Indepth

Forest Deptt, FCIK discuss promotion of wood based business in Kashmir

Ankit Sharma

French teacher beheaded for showing cartoon mocking Prophet Muhammad ﷺ; president calls it ‘terrorist attack’

Kashmir Indepth

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy